Hands-On Financial Trading with Python
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 29, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838982884
- ISBN-13: 978-1838982881
Hands-On Financial Trading with Python: Discover how to build and backtest algorithmic trading strategies with Zipline
Algorithmic trading helps you stay ahead of the markets by devising strategies in quantitative analysis to gain profits and cut losses.
The Hands-On Financial Trading with Python book starts by introducing you to algorithmic trading and explaining why Python is the best platform for developing trading strategies. You’ll then cover quantitative analysis using Python, and learn how to build algorithmic trading strategies with Zipline using various market data sources. Using Zipline as the backtesting library allows access to complimentary US historical daily market data until 2018. As you advance, you will gain an in-depth understanding of Python libraries such as NumPy and pandas for analyzing financial datasets, and explore Matplotlib, statsmodels, and scikit-learn libraries for advanced analytics. You’ll also focus on time series forecasting, covering pmdarima and Facebook Prophet.
Hands-On Algorithmic Trading with Python: A practical guide to using NumPy, pandas, Matplotlib, and Quantopian for automated trading
- Discover how quantitative analysis works by covering financial statistics and ARIMA
- Use core Python libraries to perform quantitative research and strategy development using real datasets
- Understand how to access financial and economic data in Python
- Implement effective data visualization with Matplotlib
- Apply scientific computing and data visualization with popular Python libraries
- Build and deploy backtesting algorithmic trading strategies
By the end of this Hands-On Financial Trading with Python book, you will be able to build predictive trading signals, adopt basic and advanced algorithmic trading strategies, and perform portfolio optimization.