Python Algorithmic Trading Cookbook
- Paperback: 542 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 28, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838989358
- ISBN-13: 978-1838989354
Python Algorithmic Trading Cookbook: Build a solid foundation in algorithmic trading by developing, testing and executing powerful trading strategies with real market data using Python
Python is a very popular language used to build and execute algorithmic trading strategies. If you want to find out how you can build a solid foundation in algorithmic trading using the language, this cookbook is here to help.
Starting by setting up the Python environment for trading and connectivity with brokers, you’ll then learn the important aspects of financial markets. As you progress through this algorithmic trading book, you’ll learn to fetch financial instruments, query and calculate various types of candles and historical data, and finally, compute and plot technical indicators. Next, you’ll discover how to place various types of orders, such as regular, bracket, and cover orders, and understand their state transitions. You’ll also uncover challenges faced while devising and executing powerful algorithmic trading strategies from scratch. Later chapters will take you through backtesting, paper trading, and finally real trading for the algorithmic strategies that you’ve created from the ground up. You’ll even understand how to automate trading and find the right strategy for making effective decisions that would otherwise be impossible for human traders.
- Use Python to set up connectivity with brokers
- Handle and manipulate time series data using Python
- Fetch a list of exchanges, segments, financial instruments, and historical data to interact with the real market
- Understand, fetch, and calculate various types of candles and use them to compute and plot diverse types of technical indicators
- Develop and improve the performance of algorithmic trading strategies
- Perform backtesting and paper trading on algorithmic trading strategies
- Implement real trading in the live hours of stock markets
By the end of this Python Algorithmic Trading Cookbook book, you’ll be able to use Python for algorithmic trading by implementing Python libraries to conduct key tasks in the algorithmic trading ecosystem.