Go Programming Cookbook – Second Edition
- Paperback: 434 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 19, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789800986
- ISBN-13: 978-1789800982
Go Programming Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Tackle the trickiest of problems in Go programming with this highly practical guide
Go (or Golang) is a statically typed programming language developed at Google. Known for its vast standard library, it also provides features such as garbage collection, type safety, dynamic-typing capabilities, and additional built-in types. This book will serve as a reference while implementing Go features to build your own applications.
This Go cookbook helps you put into practice the advanced concepts and libraries that Golang offers. The recipes in the book follow best practices such as documentation, testing, and vendoring with Go modules, as well as performing clean abstractions using interfaces. You’ll learn how code works and the common pitfalls to watch out for. The book covers basic type and error handling, and then moves on to explore applications, such as websites, command-line tools, and filesystems, that interact with users. You’ll even get to grips with parallelism, distributed systems, and performance tuning.
- Work with third-party Go projects and modify them for your use
- Write Go code using modern best practices
- Manage your dependencies with the new Go module system
- Solve common problems encountered when dealing with backend systems or DevOps
- Explore the Go standard library and its uses
- Test, profile, and fine-tune Go applications
By the end of the Go Programming Cookbook, Second Edition book, you’ll be able to use open source code and concepts in Go programming to build enterprise-class applications without any hassle.