Blockchain Developer’s Guide
- Paperback: 564 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 21, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 178995472X
- ISBN-13: 978-1789954722
Blockchain Developer’s Guide: Build real-world projects like a smart contract deployment platform, betting apps, wallet services, and much more using blockchain
Blockchain applications provide a single-shared ledger to eliminate trust issues involving multiple stakeholders. It is the main technical innovation of Bitcoin, where it serves as the public ledger for Bitcoin transactions.
Blockchain Developer’s Guide takes you through the electrifying world of blockchain technology. It begins with the basic design of a blockchain and elaborates concepts, such as Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), tokens, smart contracts, and other related terminologies. You will then explore the components of Ethereum, such as Ether tokens, transactions, and smart contracts that you need to build simple DApps.
Blockchain Developer’s Guide also explains why you must specifically use Solidity for Ethereum-based projects and lets you explore different blockchains with easy-to-follow examples. You will learn a wide range of concepts – beginning with cryptography in cryptocurrencies and including ether security, mining, and smart contracts. You will learn how to use web sockets and various API services for Ethereum.
- Understand how various components of the blockchain architecture work
- Get familiar with cryptography and the mechanics behind blockchain
- Apply consensus protocol to determine the business sustainability
- Understand what ICOs and crypto-mining are, and how they work
- Create cryptocurrency wallets and coins for transaction mechanisms
- Build DApps using Solidity and Web3.js
- Create your own Ethereum wallets
- Explore the consortium blockchain
By the end of this Learning Path, you will be able to build efficient decentralized applications.