GitLab Quick Start Guide
- Paperback: 180 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 30, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789534348
- ISBN-13: 978-1789534344
GitLab Quick Start Guide: Port projects over from GitHub and convert SVN projects to GitLab hosted git projects
GitLab is an open source repository management and version control toolkit with an enterprise offering. This book is the ideal guide to GitLab as a version control system (VCS), issue management tool, and a continuous integration platform.
The book starts with an introduction to GitLab, a walkthrough of its features, and explores concepts such as version control systems, continuous integration, and continuous deployment. It then takes you through the process of downloading and installing a local copy of the on-premise version of GitLab in Ubuntu and/or CentOS.
You will look at some common workﬂows associated with GitLab workﬂow and learn about project management in GitLab. You will see tools and techniques for migrating your code base from various version control systems such as GitHub and SVN to GitLab.
- Set up CI and test builds for your projects
- Understand the benefits and limitations of GitLab workﬂow
- Migrate from other common VCS platforms to GitLab
- Create, review, and merge code changes
- Learn to branch local code and create a new branch in GitLab
- Configure sequential stages and simultaneous stages for CI/CD
- Access Mattermost for on-premise GitLab
- Discover the issue tracking features of GitLab
By the end of the GitLab Quick Start Guide book, you will be using GitLab for repository management, and be able to migrate projects from other VCSs to GitLab.