Engineering Manager’s Handbook
- Paperback: 278 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 8, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803235357
- ISBN-13: 978-1803235356
Engineering Manager’s Handbook: A comprehensive guide to engineering management packed with tips, tricks, and techniques to drive results
Delightful and customer-centric digital products have become an expectation in the world of business. Engineering managers are uniquely positioned to impact the success of these products and the software systems that power them. Skillful managers guide their teams and companies to develop functional and maintainable systems.
This book helps you find your footing as an engineering manager, develop your leadership style, balance your time between engineering and managing, build successful engineering teams in different settings, and work within constraints without sacrificing technical standards or team empathy. You’ll learn practical techniques for establishing trust, developing beneficial habits, and creating a cohesive and high-performing engineering team. You’ll discover effective strategies to guide and contribute to your team’s efforts, facilitating productivity and collaboration.
- Pitfalls common to new managers and how to avoid them
- Ways to establish trust and authority
- Methods and tools for building world-class engineering teams
- Behaviors to build and maintain a great reputation as a leader
- Mechanisms to avoid costly missteps that end up requiring re-work
- Strategies to increase employee retention on your team
- Techniques to facilitate better product outcomes
By the end of this Engineering Manager’s Handbook book, you’ll have the tools and knowledge necessary to thrive as an engineering manager. Whether you’re just starting out in your role or seeking to enhance your leadership capabilities, this handbook will empower you to make a lasting impact and drive success in your organization.