Multiplayer Game Development with Unreal Engine 5
- Paperback: 394 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 6, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803232870
- ISBN-13: 978-1803232874
Multiplayer Game Development with Unreal Engine 5: Discover Unreal Engine 5’s networking techniques to create scalable and fully functional multiplayer game experiences
If you’re fascinated by the immersive gaming experiences that enable multiple users to engage in collaborative or competitive gameplay, this Unreal Engine 5 game development book is for you.
In this book, you’ll learn the foundational principles behind multiplayer games. Starting with a sample project, you’ll learn how to set up a networked system and make it work. Once the prototype of the project is functional, you’ll start adding game logic, including obstacles and AI opponents, to heighten the challenges and engagement, offering a captivating experience for players. Next, you’ll learn how to debug and optimize the project, before finally deploying the game build and integrating it with cloud services such as the Epic Online Services system.
- Get to grips with the basics of multiplayer game development
- Understand the main elements of a networked level
- Explore Unreal multiplayer features such as replication, RPCs, relevancy, and roles
- Debug and optimize code for improved game performance
- Deploy the game on LAN or online platforms
- Use Epic Online Services to elevate the player experience
By the end of this Multiplayer Game Development with Unreal Engine 5 book, you’ll have the confidence to develop and manage multiplayer experiences using the Unreal Engine environment, taking your newfound programming skills in your upcoming projects.