Business Intelligence Career Master Plan
- Paperback: 284 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 31, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801077959
- ISBN-13: 978-1801077958
Business Intelligence Career Master Plan: Learn the foundations of business intelligence, sector trade-offs, organizational structures, and technology stacks while mastering coursework, certifications, and interview success strategies
Navigating the challenging path of a business intelligence career requires you to consider your expertise, interest, and skills. Business Intelligence Career Master Plan explores key skills like data modeling, visualization, warehousing, organizational structures, technology stacks, coursework, certifications, and interview advice, enabling you to make informed decisions about your BI journey.
You’ll start by assessing the different roles in BI and matching your skills and career with the tech stack. You’ll then learn to build taxonomy and a data story using visualization types. Additionally, you’ll explore the fundamentals of programming, frontend development, backend development, software development lifecycle, and project management, giving you a broad view of the end-to-end BI process. With the help of the author’s expert advice, you’ll be able to identify what subjects and areas of study are crucial and would add significant value to your skillset.
- Understand BI roles, roadmap, and technology stack
- Accelerate your career and land your first job in the BI industry
- Build the taxonomy of various data sources for your organization
- Use the AdventureWorks database and PowerBI to build a robust data model
- Create compelling data stories using data visualization
- Automate, templatize, standardize, and monitor systems for productivity
By the end of this Business Intelligence Career Master Plan book, you’ll be well-equipped to make an informed decision on which of the myriad paths to choose in your business intelligence journey based on your skillset and interests.