Architecting Cloud-Native Serverless Solutions
- Paperback: 350 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 23, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803230088
- ISBN-13: 978-1803230085
Architecting Cloud-Native Serverless Solutions: Get up and running with serverless workloads across AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, and virtual machines with real-life examples and best practices for design, development, and security of serverless applications
Serverless computing has emerged as a mainstream paradigm in both cloud and on-premises computing, with AWS Lambda playing a pivotal role in shaping the Function-as-a-Service (FaaS) landscape. However, with the explosion of serverless technologies and vendors, it has become increasingly challenging to comprehend the foundational services and their offerings.
Architecting Cloud Native Serverless Solutions lays a strong foundation for understanding the serverless landscape and technologies in a vendor-agnostic manner. You’ll learn how to select the appropriate cloud vendors and technologies based on your specific needs. In addition, you’ll dive deep into the serverless services across AWS, GCP, Azure, and Cloudflare followed by open source serverless tools such as Knative, OpenFaaS, and OpenWhisk, along with examples. You’ll explore serverless solutions on Kubernetes that can be deployed on both cloud-hosted clusters and on-premises environments, with real-world use cases. Furthermore, you’ll explore development frameworks, DevOps approaches, best practices, security considerations, and design principles associated with serverless computing.
- Understand the serverless landscape and its potential
- Build serverless solutions across AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Develop and run serverless applications on Kubernetes
- Implement open source FaaS with Knative, OpenFaaS, and OpenWhisk
- Modernize web architecture with Cloudflare Serverless
- Discover popular serverless frameworks and DevOps for serverless
- Explore software design and serverless architecture patterns
- Acquire an understanding of serverless development and security best practices
By the end of this Architecting Cloud-Native Serverless Solutions book, you’ll be well equipped to solve your business problems by using the appropriate serverless vendors and technologies to build efficient and cost-effective serverless systems independently.