Unity 2020 By Example – Third Edition
- Paperback: 676 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 30, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800203381
- ISBN-13: 978-1800203389
Unity 2020 By Example, 3rd Edition: Learn Unity game development with C# through a series of practical projects ranging from building a simple 2D game to adding AR/VR experiences and machine learning capabilities in a simple yet effective way
The Unity game engine, used by millions of developers around the world, is popular thanks to its features that enable you to create games and 3D apps for desktop and mobile platforms in no time. With Unity 2020, this state-of-the-art game engine introduces enhancements in Unity tooling, editor, and workflow, among many other additions.
The Unity 2020 By Example, Third Edition is updated to the new features in Unity 2020 and modern game development practices. Once you’ve quickly got to grips with the fundamentals of Unity game development, you’ll create a collection, a twin-stick shooter, and a 2D adventure game. You’ll then explore advanced topics such as machine learning, virtual reality, and augmented reality by building complete projects using the latest game tool kit. As you implement concepts in practice, this book will ensure that you come away with a clear understanding of Unity game development.
- Learn the fundamentals of game development, including GameObjects, components, and scenes
- Develop a variety of games in C# and explore the brand new sprite shaping tool for Unity 3D and 2D games
- Handle player controls and input functionality for your Unity games
- Implement AI techniques such as pathfinding, finite state machines, and machine learning using Unity ML-Agents
- Create virtual and augmented reality games using UnityVR and AR Foundation
- Explore the cutting-edge features of Unity 2020 and how they can be used to improve your games
By the end of the Unity 2020 By Example, 3rd Edition book, you’ll have a firm foundation in Unity development using C#, which can be applied to other engines and programming languages. You’ll also be able to create several real-world projects to add to your professional game development portfolio.