The Linux DevOps Handbook
- Paperback: 428 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 17, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803245662
- ISBN-13: 978-1803245669
The Linux DevOps Handbook: Build a solid foundation in DevOps and Linux systems as well as advanced DevOps practices such as configuration, IAC, and CI/CD
The Linux DevOps Handbook is a comprehensive resource that caters to both novice and experienced professionals, ensuring a strong foundation in Linux. This book will help you understand how Linux serves as a cornerstone of DevOps, offering the flexibility, stability, and scalability essential for modern software development and operations.
You’ll begin by covering Linux distributions, intermediate Linux concepts, and shell scripting to get to grips with automating tasks and streamlining workflows. You’ll then progress to mastering essential day-to-day tools for DevOps tasks. As you learn networking in Linux, you’ll be equipped with connection establishment and troubleshooting skills. You’ll also learn how to use Git for collaboration and efficient code management.
The book guides you through Docker concepts for optimizing your DevOps workflows and moves on to advanced DevOps practices, such as monitoring, tracing, and distributed logging. You’ll work with Terraform and GitHub to implement continuous integration (CI)/continuous deployment (CD) pipelines and employ Atlantis for automated software delivery. Additionally, you’ll identify common DevOps pitfalls and strategies to avoid them.
- Understand how to manage infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform and Atlantis
- Automate repetitive tasks using Ansible and Bash scripting
- Set up logging and monitoring solutions to maintain and troubleshoot your infrastructure
- Identify and understand how to avoid common DevOps pitfalls
- Automate tasks and streamline workflows using Linux and shell scripting
- Optimize DevOps workflows using Docker
By the end of this The Linux DevOps Handbook book, you’ll have built a solid foundation in Linux fundamentals, practical tools, and advanced practices, all contributing to your enhanced Linux skills and successful DevOps implementation.