XR Development with Unity
- Paperback: 284 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 30, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1805128124
- ISBN-13: 978-1805128120
XR Development with Unity: Create VR, AR, and MR experiences with the help of step-by-step tutorials on VR and AR simulators, interactivity, sound and visual effects, along with advanced XR techniques such as multiplayer integration
The drastic surge in the demand for XR development has led to an imminent need for comprehensive resources, learning material, and overall know-how in this area. This one-stop resource will ensure that professionals venturing into XR development can access all XR-related techniques to build appealing XR applications, without relying on Google every step of the way.
This book is your guide to developing XR applications with Unity 2021.3 or later versions, helping you to create VR, AR, and MR experiences of increasing complexity. The chapters cover the entire XR application development process from setting up an interactive XR scene using the XR Interaction Toolkit or AR Foundation, adding physics, animations, continuous movement, teleportation, sound effects, and visual effects, to testing and deploying to VR headsets, simulators, smartphones, and tablets. Additionally, this XR book takes you on a journey from the basics of Unity and C# to advanced techniques such as building multiplayer applications and incorporating hand- and gaze-tracking capabilities.
- Get started with Unity by building your own 3D project
- Explore the XR Interaction Toolkit and AR Foundation, as well as test XR applications on your PC
- Find out how to deploy XR projects on different platforms
- Build interactive XR apps with increasing degrees of complexity by leveraging C# scripting
- Create a fully immersive VR drum scene by using Unity’s audio and particle systems
- Add advanced XR techniques such as hand-tracking, gaze-tracking, and multiplayer capabilities to your XR apps
By the end of this XR Development with Unity book, you’ll be fully equipped to create cutting-edge XR projects for engaging individual, academic, and industrial use cases that captivate your audience.