Technical Program Manager’s Handbook
- Paperback: 214 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 16, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 180461355X
- ISBN-13: 978-1804613559
Technical Program Manager’s Handbook: Explore the different aspects of the technical program manager’s role in the tech world and get ready to advance your career across the Big Five tech companies
The technical program manager (TPM) is a relatively new role born out of the need of the tech industry to have a specialized practitioner who speaks both tech and business and leverages this bilingual talent to get results that no one else can.
This book dives into what makes a TPM tick. You’ll find out which project and program management skills will help you shine and how you can apply your technical skills for effective results. This book looks at the TPM role across the Big Five tech companies (Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Apple, and Meta) to help you discern the most effective skills to be successful no matter which company you work for.
Are you already a well-performing TPM looking to see what’s next? This book identifies the career paths for a TPM at the Big Five to help you decide the next step for you.
- Investigate why a TPM is an important role in the tech industry
- Understand the purpose and uniqueness of the TPM role
- Discover what makes a successful TPM
- Navigate project management with your unique technical skills
- Explorer the career opportunities available for a TPM
- Compare the TPM role and responsibilities across the Big Five tech leaders
By the end of this Technical Program Manager’s Handbook book, you’ll have a clear understanding of how to be a TPM, along with a breakdown of the necessary technical and program management skills to develop a clear roadmap for your career.