Jakarta EE Recipes
- Paperback: 885 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (March 27, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484255860
- ISBN-13: 978-1484255865
Jakarta EE Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
Take a problem-solution approach to programming enterprise Java applications and microservices for cloud-based solutions, enterprise database applications, and even small business web applications. This book provides effective and proven code snippets that you can immediately use to accomplish just about any task that you may encounter. You can feel confident using the reliable solutions that are demonstrated in this book in your personal or corporate environment.
Java EE was made open source under the Eclipse Foundation, and Jakarta EE is the new name for what used to be termed the Java Enterprise Edition Platform. This book helps you rejuvenate your Java expertise and put the platform’s latest capabilities to use in quickly developing robust applications. If you are new to Jakarta EE, this book will help you learn features of the platform, and benefit from one of the most widely used and powerful technologies available for application development today.
What You Will Learn
- Develop enterprise Java applications using the now open source Jakarta EE platform
- Create great-looking user interfaces using Jakarta Server Faces and the Eclipse Krazo framework
- Build database applications using Jakarta Enterprise Beans and Jakarta RESTFul web services
- Automate testing through cohesive test suites built on Arquillian for Jakarta EE applications
- Deploy microservices applications in cloud environments using Docker
- Secure applications utilizing the Jakarta EE Security API and JSON Web Tokens
Examples in Jakarta EE Recipes highlight Jakarta EE’s capabilities, helping you to build streamlined and reliable applications using the latest in Java technologies. The book takes a problem-solution approach in which each section introduces a common programming problem, showing you how to best solve that problem using the latest features in Jakarta EE. Solutions are presented in the form of working code examples that you can download and use immediately in your own projects. Clear descriptions are given so you can understand and learn to build further on the solutions that are provided. This is the ideal book for the code-focused programmer interested in keeping up with the future of enterprise development on the Java Platform.