Democratizing Application Development with AppSheet
- Paperback: 354 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 10, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803241179
- ISBN-13: 978-1803241173
Democratizing Application Development with AppSheet: A hands-on guide to building sophisticated business applications and automation using AppSheet to deliver business results quickly without writing lines of code
This book enables citizen developers to create their own simple or complex hybrid apps for business or personal use. It shows you how to combine features together to make your app more efficient and easy to use for the end user.
Many citizen developers regularly use spreadsheets in their business and day-to-day jobs. With AppSheet, they can take their spreadsheets to the next level by enhancing their ease-of-use. The platform significantly allows citizen developers to run their business more efficiently and manage it in the field outside of the office or indoor environment.
This book will show you how the AppSheet Editor works and how it is used to configure, test and deploy the app. You’ll learn widely used features such as how to effectively use data sources, create app views, and actions, and make your app secure through security options and user-friendly UX options. Next, you’ll go on to create, store in the cloud, and send files through emails. You’ll also understand how to integrate third-party services. As you progress through the chapters, you’ll build an app to gain hands-on experience.
- Discover how the AppSheet app is presented for app users
- Find out what kind of views you can use and how to format your data with colors and icons
- Understand expressions and formulas such as math expressions, text expressions, and time expressions
- Use data change actions for quick data changes of enum columns, on a set or records, to add or edit records in other tables
- Add or delete and define editing permissions, and learn how to broadcast notifications to inform users of changes
- Upgrade an app version, and view and restore an old app version to the latest current version
- Configure, test, and deploy the Appsheet Editor app
By the end of this Democratizing Application Development with AppSheet book, you’ll be able to build medium-complexity AppSheet apps using the AppSheet features discussed in the book.