Security Tokens and Stablecoins Quick Start Guide
- Paperback: 234 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 30, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838551069
- ISBN-13: 978-1838551063
Security Tokens and Stablecoins Quick Start Guide: A complete guide to understanding, developing, and testing popular security-token smart contracts
The failure of initial coin offerings (ICOs) is no accident, as most ICOs do not link to a real asset and are not regulated. Realizing the shortcomings of ICOs, the blockchain community and potential investors embraced security token offerings (STOs) and stablecoins enthusiastically.
In this book, we start with an overview of the blockchain technology along with its basic concepts. We introduce the concept behind STO, and cover the basic requirements for launching a STO and the relevant regulations governing its issuance. We discuss U.S. securities laws development in launching security digital tokens using blockchain technology and show some real use cases. We also explore the process of STO launches and legal considerations. We introduce popular security tokens in the current blockchain space and talk about how to develop a security token DApp, including smart contract development for ERC1404 tokens. Later, you’ll learn to build frontend side functionalities to interact with smart contracts. Finally, we discuss stablecoin technical design functionalities for issuing and operating STO tokens by interacting with Ethereum smart contracts.
- Understand the basic requirements for launching a security token offering
- Explore various US securities laws governing the offering of security digital tokens
- Get to grips with the stablecoin concept with the help of use cases
- Learn how to develop security token decentralized applications
- Understand the difference between ERC-20 and ERC-721 tokens
- Learn how to set up a development environment and build security tokens
- Explore the technical design of stablecoins
By the end of this Security Tokens and Stablecoins Quick Start Guide book, you will have learned more about STOs and gained a detailed knowledge of building relevant applications – all with the help of practical examples.