Okta Administration Up and Running, Second Edition
- Paperback: 306 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (December 22, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1837637458
- ISBN-13: 978-1837637454
Okta Administration Up and Running, 2nd Edition: Get to grips with the fundamentals of Zero trust, IAM, and Okta, while learning how to carry out foundational configuration of your own tenants with the help of step-by-step instructions
Identity and access management (IAM) is a set of policies and technologies used to ensure an organization’s security, by carefully assigning roles and access to users and devices. This book will get you up and running with Okta, an IAM service that can help you manage both employees and customers.
The Okta Administration Up and Running, Second Edition book begins by helping you understand how Okta can be used as an IAM platform, before teaching you about Universal Directory and how to integrate with other directories and apps, as well as set up groups and policies for Joiner, Mover, and Leaver flows.
This updated edition helps you to explore agentless desktop single sign-on (SSO) and multifactor authentication (MFA) solutions, and showing how to utilize Okta to meet NIST requirements. The chapters also walk you through Okta Workflows, low-/no-code automation functionalities, and custom API possibilities used to improve lifecycle management. Finally, you’ll delve into API access auditing and management, where you’ll discover how to leverage Advanced Server Access (ASA) for your cloud servers.
- Get a clear overview of Okta’s advanced features
- Integrate Okta with directories and applications using hands-on instructions
- Get practical recommendations on managing policies for SSO, MFA, and lifecycle management
- Discover how to manage groups and group rules for Joiner, Mover, Leaver events in Okta using examples
- Manage your Okta tenants using APIs and oversee API access with Okta
- Set up and manage your organization’s Okta environment, ensuring a secure IAM practice
- Find out how to extend your Okta experience with Workflows and ASA
By the end of this Okta Administration Up and Running, 2nd Edition book, you’ll have learned how to implement Okta to enhance your organization’s security and be able to use the book as a reference guide for the Okta certification exam.