Mastering Blockchain – Third Edition
- Paperback: 816 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (August 31, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1839213191
- ISBN-13: 978-1839213199
Mastering Blockchain, 3rd Edition: Develop a deep understanding of the theoretical foundations of blockchain technology and learn how to write smart contracts and build decentralized applications
Blockchain technology is the backbone of cryptocurrencies, and it has applications in finance, government, media, and many other industries. With a legacy of providing technologists with executable insights, the Mastering Blockchain, Third Edition is thoroughly revised and updated with the latest blockchain research, including four new chapters on consensus algorithms, Serenity (Ethereum 2.0), tokenization, and enterprise blockchains.
Apart from covering the basics, including blockchain’s technical underpinnings, cryptography, and consensus protocols, this book provides you with expert knowledge on decentralization, decentralized application development on Ethereum, Bitcoin, alternative coins, smart contracts, alternative blockchains, and Hyperledger.
Furthermore, you will explore how to implement blockchain solutions beyond cryptocurrencies, such as the Internet of Things with blockchain, blockchain scalability, enterprise blockchains, and tokenization using blockchain, and the future scope of this fascinating and disruptive technology.
- Grasp the mechanisms behind Bitcoin, Ethereum, and alternative cryptocurrencies
- Understand cryptography and its usage in blockchain technology
- Understand the theoretical foundations of smart contracts
- Develop decentralized applications using Solidity, Remix, Truffle, Ganache, and Drizzle
- Identify and examine applications of blockchain beyond cryptocurrencies
- Understand the architecture and development of Ethereum 2.0
- Explore research topics and the future scope of blockchain technology
By the end of this Mastering Blockchain, 3rd Edition book, you will have gained a thorough understanding of the various facets of blockchain technology and be comfortable applying them to diverse real-world scenarios.