Learning Tableau 2020 – Fourth Edition
- Paperback: 576 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 31, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800200366
- ISBN-13: 978-1800200364
Learning Tableau 2020, 4th Edition: Gain a solid foundation to learn Tableau, and develop the skills and abilities required for an advanced mastery of the tool. Whether you’re new to Tableau or have been using it years, you will benefit from this book.
Tableau makes it easy, intuitive, and fun to analyze data, receive instant visual feedback with every action, and ask questions to uncover insights in a natural flow of thought and interaction. This book strengthens your command of Tableau fundamentals and builds on advanced topics.
Learning Tableau 2020, Fourth Edition starts by taking you through the foundational principles of Tableau. It then demonstrates various types of connection and how to work with metadata. It teaches you to use a wide variety of visualizations to analyze and communicate data, and introduces you to calculations and parameters. The book then takes an in-depth look at level of detail expressions and uses them to solve complex data challenges. It also shows how to use table calculations, extend and alter default visualizations, build interactive dashboards, and master the art of telling stories with data.
This Tableau book will introduce you to visual statistical analytics capabilities to create different types of visualizations and dynamic dashboards for rich user experiences. It then moves on to maps and geospatial visualization, and the new Data Model capabilities introduced in Tableau 2020.2. You will further use Tableau Prep’s ability to clean and structure data and share the stories contained in your data.
- Develop stunning visualizations to explain complex data with clarity
- Explore exciting new Data Model capabilities
- Connect to various data sources to bring all your data together
- Leverage Tableau Prep Builder’s amazing capabilities for data cleaning and structuring
- Create and use calculations to solve problems and enrich the analytics
- Master advanced topics such as sets, LOD calculations, and much more
- Enable smart decisions with data clustering, distribution, and forecasting
- Share your data stories to build a culture of trust and action
By the end of this Learning Tableau 2020, 4th Edition book, you will be proficient in implementing the powerful features of Tableau 2020 for more effective decision-making.