Learning Malware Analysis
- Paperback: 510 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 29, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1788392507
- ISBN-13: 978-1788392501
Learning Malware Analysis: Understand malware analysis and its practical implementation
Malware analysis and memory forensics are powerful analysis and investigation techniques used in reverse engineering, digital forensics, and incident response. With adversaries becoming sophisticated and carrying out advanced malware attacks on critical infrastructures, data centers, and private and public organizations, detecting, responding to, and investigating such intrusions is critical to information security professionals. Malware analysis and memory forensics have become must-have skills to fight advanced malware, targeted attacks, and security breaches.
This Learning Malware Analysis book teaches you the concepts, techniques, and tools to understand the behavior and characteristics of malware through malware analysis. It also teaches you techniques to investigate and hunt malware using memory forensics.
- Create a safe and isolated lab environment for malware analysis
- Extract the metadata associated with malware
- Determine malware’s interaction with the system
- Perform code analysis using IDA Pro and x64dbg
- Reverse-engineer various malware functionalities
- Reverse engineer and decode common encoding/encryption algorithms
- Perform different code injection and hooking techniques
- Investigate and hunt malware using memory forensics
This book introduces you to the basics of malware analysis, and then gradually progresses into the more advanced concepts of code analysis and memory forensics. It uses real-world malware samples, infected memory images, and visual diagrams to help you gain a better understanding of the subject and to equip you with the skills required to analyze, investigate, and respond to malware-related incidents.