Data Literacy in Practice
- Paperback: 396 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 30, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803246758
- ISBN-13: 978-1803246758
Data Literacy in Practice: Accelerate your journey to smarter decision making by mastering the fundamentals of data literacy and developing the mindset to work confidently with data
Data is more than a mere commodity in our digital world. It is the ebb and flow of our modern existence. Individuals, teams, and enterprises working with data can unlock a new realm of possibilities. And the resultant agility, growth, and inevitable success have one origin – data literacy.
This comprehensive guide is written by two data literacy pioneers, each with a thorough footprint within the data and analytics commercial world and lectures at top universities in the US and the Netherlands. Complete with best practices, practical models, and real-world examples, Data Literacy in Practice will help you start making your data work for you by building your understanding of data literacy basics and accelerating your journey to independently uncovering insights.
You’ll learn the four-pillar model that underpins all data and analytics and explore concepts such as measuring data quality, setting up a pragmatic data management environment, choosing the right graphs for your readers, and questioning your insights.
- Start your data literacy journey with simple and actionable steps
- Apply the four-pillar model for organizations to transform data into insights
- Discover which skills you need to work confidently with data
- Visualize data and create compelling visual data stories
- Measure, improve, and leverage your data to meet organizational goals
- Master the process of drawing insights, ask critical questions and action your insights
- Discover the right steps to take when you analyze insights
By the end of the Data Literacy in Practice book, you’ll be equipped with a combination of skills and mindset as well as with tools and frameworks that will allow you to find insights and meaning within your data for data-informed decision making.