Containers for Developers Handbook
- Paperback: 490 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 28, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1805127985
- ISBN-13: 978-1805127987
Containers for Developers Handbook: Effortlessly create and manage complex multi-component applications based on Docker containers
Developers are changing their deployment artifacts from application binaries to container images, giving rise to the need to build container-based apps as part of their new development workflow. Managing an app’s life cycle is complex and requires effort, this book will show you how to efficiently develop, share, and execute applications.
You’ll learn how to automate the build and delivery process using CI/CD tools with containers as container orchestrators manage the complexity of running cluster-wide applications, creating infrastructure abstraction layers, while your applications run with high availability, resilience, and persistence. As you advance, you’ll develop, test, and debug applications on your desktop and get them ready to run in production with optimal security standards, using deployment patterns and monitoring tools to help identify common issues. You’ll also review deployment patterns that’ll enable you to solve common deployment problems, providing high availability, scalability, and security to your applications. Finally, you’ll explore different solutions to monitor, log, and instrument your applications as per open-source community standards.
- Find out how to build microservices-based applications using containers
- Deploy your processes within containers using Docker features
- Orchestrate multi-component applications on standalone servers
- Deploy applications cluster-wide in container orchestrators
- Solve common deployment problems such as persistency or app exposure using best practices
- Review your application’s health and debug it using open-source tools
- Discover how to orchestrate CI/CD workflows using containers
By the end of this Containers for Developers Handbook book, you’ll be able to manage your app’s life cycle by implementing CI/CD workflows using containers to automate the building and delivery of its components.