Building Statistical Models in Python
- Paperback: 383 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 11, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804614289
- ISBN-13: 978-1804614280
Building Statistical Models in Python: Make data-driven, informed decisions and enhance your statistical expertise in Python by turning raw data into meaningful insights
The ability to proficiently perform statistical modeling is a fundamental skill for data scientists and essential for businesses reliant on data insights. Building Statistical Models with Python is a comprehensive guide that will empower you to leverage mathematical and statistical principles in data assessment, understanding, and inference generation.
This book not only equips you with skills to navigate the complexities of statistical modeling, but also provides practical guidance for immediate implementation through illustrative examples. Through emphasis on application and code examples, you’ll understand the concepts while gaining hands-on experience. With the help of Python and its essential libraries, you’ll explore key statistical models, including hypothesis testing, regression, time series analysis, classification, and more.
- Explore the use of statistics to make decisions under uncertainty
- Answer questions about data using hypothesis tests
- Understand the difference between regression and classification models
- Build models with stats models in Python
- Analyze time series data and provide forecasts
- Discover Survival Analysis and the problems it can solve
By the end of this Building Statistical Models in Python book, you’ll gain fluency in statistical modeling while harnessing the full potential of Python’s rich ecosystem for data analysis.