Beginning HCL Programming
- Paperback: 194 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 26, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484266331
- ISBN-13: 978-1484266335
Beginning HCL Programming: Using Hashicorp Language for Automation and Configuration: The first book on the Hashicorp Language (HCL)
Get started with programming and using the Hashicorp Language (HCL). This Beginning HCL Programming book introduces you to the HCL syntax and its ecosystem then it shows you how to integrate it as part of an overall DevOps approach.
Next, you’ll learn how to implement infrastructure as code, specifically, using the Terraform template, a set of cloud infrastructure automation tools. As part of this discussion, you’ll cover Consul, a service mesh solution providing a full-featured control plane with service discovery, configuration, and segmentation functionality. You’ll integrate these with Vault to build HCL-based infrastructure as code solutions.
What You Will Learn
- Get started with programming and using HCL
- Use Vault, Consul, and Terraform
- Apply HCL to infrastructure as code
- Define the Terraform template with HCL
- Configure Consul using HCL
- Use HCL to configure Vault
- Provision and maintain infrastructure as code using Jenkins and HCL
Finally, you’ll use Jenkins and HCL to provision and maintain the infrastructure as code system. After reading and using Beginning HCL Programming: Using Hashicorp Language for Automation and Configuration, you’ll have the know-how and source code to get started with flexible HCL for all your cloud and DevOps needs.