Beginning Game AI with Unity
- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 6, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484263545
- ISBN-13: 978-1484263549
Beginning Game AI with Unity: Programming Artificial Intelligence with C#
Game developers will use this book to gain a basic knowledge of programming artificial intelligence using Unity 2020 and C# 9. You will not be bored learning the theory underpinning AI. Instead, you will learn by experience and practice, and complete an engaging project in each chapter.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the fundamentals of AI
- Create gameplay-based AI to address navigation and decision-making problems
- Put into practice graph theory and behavior models
- Address pathfinding problems
- Use the A* algorithm, the deus ex machina of pathfinding algorithms
- Create a mini stealth game
AI is the one of the most popular subjects in gaming today, ranging from controlling the behavior of non-player characters to procedural generated levels. This Beginning Game AI with Unity book starts with an introduction to AI and its use in games. Basic moving behaviors and pathfinding are covered, and then you move through more complex concepts of pathfinding and decision making.