Learn Enough HTML, CSS and Layout to be Dangerous
- Paperback: 672 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 2, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0137843100
- ISBN-13: 978-0137843107
Learn Enough HTML, CSS and Layout to be Dangerous: An Introduction to Modern Website Creation and Templating Systems: All You Need to Know, and Nothing You Don’t, to Start Creating and Deploying Web Sites
To design, build, and deploy modern websites, you need three core skills: the ability to write and edit HTML, wield CSS to control page design, and create efficient web layouts that serve users well. But you don’t need to learn “everything” about HTML, CSS and web layout, just how to use them efficiently to solve real problems. In Learn Enough HTML, CSS and Layout to Be Dangerous, expert developer Lee Donahoe and renowned instructor Michael Hartl teach the specific concepts, skills, and approaches you need to get the job done.
Even if you’ve never created a web page, the authors help you quickly build technical sophistication and master the lore you need to succeed. Focused exercises help you internalize what matters, without wasting time on details pros don’t care about. Soon, it’ll be like you were born knowing this stuff and you’ll be suddenly, seriously dangerous.
Learn enough about:
- Deploying a simple but real website to the live Web right away
- Adding advanced styling to websites, including CSS Flexbox and CSS Grid
- Installing and configuring Jekyll, a static site generator
- Getting started with templating systems and programming languages
- Mastering key layout principles for web design
- Registering and configuring custom domains, with custom URLs and email addresses
- Receiving email at your domain with Google’s G Suite
- Setting up analytics to better understand your sites visitors
- Making all these technologies work well together
Michael Hartl’s Learn Enough series includes books and video courses that focus on the most important parts of each subject, so you don’t have to learn everything to get started you just have to learn enough to be dangerous and solve technical problems yourself.