Android UI development with Jetpack Compose, Second Edition
- Paperback: 278 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (November 3, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1837634254
- ISBN-13: 978-1837634255
Android UI Development with Jetpack Compose, 2nd Edition: Get started with creating intuitive native user interfaces on Android platforms using Kotlin and Jetpack Compose with the help of this illustrated guide
Compose has caused a paradigm shift in Android development, introducing a variety of new concepts that are essential to an Android developer’s learning journey. It solves a lot of pain points associated with Android development and is touted to become the default way to building Android apps over the next few years. This Android UI development with Jetpack Compose, Second Edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect all changes and additions that were made by Google since the initial stable release, and all examples are based on Material 3 (also called Material You).
This book uses practical examples to help you understand the fundamental concepts of Jetpack Compose and how to use them when you are building your own Android applications. You’ll begin by getting an in-depth explanation of the declarative approach, along with its differences from and advantages over traditional user interface (UI) frameworks. Having laid this foundation, the next set of chapters take a practical approach to show you how to write your first composable function. The chapters will also help you master layouts, an important core component of every UI framework, and then move to more advanced topics such as animation, testing, and architectural best practices.
- Recognize the motivation behind Jetpack Compose
- Gain an understanding of the core concepts of Jetpack Compose
- Build a complete app using Jetpack Compose
- Utilize Jetpack Compose inside existing Android applications
- Test and debug apps that use Jetpack Compose
- Understand Material Design and how it is implemented using Jetpack Compose
- Write apps for different form factors
- Bring your Compose UI to other platforms
By the end of this Android UI Development with Jetpack Compose, 2nd Edition book, you’ll be able to write your own Android apps using Jetpack Compose and Material Design.