Hands-On ROS for Robotics Programming
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 26, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838551301
- ISBN-13: 978-1838551308
Hands-On ROS for Robotics Programming: Take your ROS skills to the next level by implementing complex robot structure in ROS Simulation
Connecting a physical robot to a robot simulation using the Robot Operating System (ROS) infrastructure is one of the most common challenges faced by ROS engineers. With this book, you’ll learn how to simulate a robot in a virtual environment and achieve desired behavior in equivalent real-world scenarios.
This book starts with an introduction to GoPiGo3 and the sensors and actuators with which it is equipped. You’ll then work with GoPiGo3’s digital twin by creating a 3D model from scratch and running a simulation in ROS using Gazebo. Next, the Hands-On ROS for Robotics Programming book will show you how to use GoPiGo3 to build and run an autonomous mobile robot that is aware of its surroundings. Finally, you’ll find out how a robot can learn tasks that have not been programmed in the code but are acquired by observing its environment. You’ll even cover topics such as deep learning and reinforcement learning.
- Get to grips with developing environment-aware robots
- Gain insights into how your robots will react in physical environments
- Break down a desired behavior into a chain of robot actions
- Relate data from sensors with context to produce adaptive responses
- Apply reinforcement learning to allow your robot to learn by trial and error
- Implement deep learning to enable your robot to recognize its surroundings
By the end of this robot programming book, you’ll be well-versed with the basics of building specific-purpose applications in robotics and developing highly intelligent autonomous robots from scratch.