Photorealistic Materials and Textures in Blender Cycles, Fourth Edition
- Paperback: 394 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 4th edition (October 31, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1805129635
- ISBN-13: 978-1805129639
Photorealistic Materials and Textures in Blender Cycles, 4th Edition: Master texturing and rendering to create realistic materials in Blender like a pro by exploring the various tools and workflows and understanding the underlying mechanism of realism
Blender is one of the most versatile tools in the 3D software industry, and with a growing audience and constantly expanding set of features, it has become more powerful, useful, and in demand than ever before. This updated Photorealistic Materials and Textures in Blender Cycles, Fourth Edition is an all-inclusive guide to procedural texturing, rendering, and designing materials in Blender, covering all aspects of the 3D texturing workflow.
The book begins by introducing you to Blender’s material nodes and material property functions, and then helps you create photorealistic textures by understanding texture maps and mapping them to 3D models. As you advance, you’ll learn to design high-quality environments and lighting using HDRIs and Blender’s lighting options. By exploring, breaking down, and studying the underlying mechanics that allow you to develop these elements, you’ll create any material, texture, or environment and use it to improve your artwork and present them in a professional way. Finally, you’ll discover how to correctly set up scenes and render settings, and get to grips with the key elements of achieving realism.
- Create realistic materials in Blender using material nodes
- Understand physically based rendering (PBR) materials to create high-quality textures
- Complete a 3D model design with materials by correctly mapping textures
- Harness Blender’s texture painting features to create custom textures
- Create realistic lighting and HDRI environments for your models
- Control, animate, and optimize the 3D camera to prepare your scenes
- Render your scenes into beautiful artwork
By the end of this Photorealistic Materials and Textures in Blender Cycles, 4th Edition book, you’ll have gained a solid understanding of materials, textures, shading, lighting, rendering, and all the critical aspects of achieving the highest quality with your 3D artwork.