Amazon Web Services: Migrating your .NET Enterprise Application
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 22, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849681945
- ISBN-13: 978-1849681940
Evaluate your Cloud requirements and successfully migrate your .NET Enterprise Application to the Amazon Web Services Platform
- Get to grips with Amazon Web Services from a Microsoft Enterprise .NET viewpoint
- Fully understand all of the AWS products including EC2, EBS, and S3
- Quickly set up your account and manage application security
- Learn through an easy-to-follow sample application with step-by-step instructions
- Ultimately map, migrate, and extend your .NET application with AWS
Amazon Web Services is an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform in the Cloud, which businesses can take advantage of as their needs demand. The Amazon Cloud provides the enterprise with the flexibility to choose whichever solution is required to solve specific problems, ultimately reducing costs by only paying for what you use.
While enterprises understand moving their applications among infrastructure they own and manage, the differences in Amazon’s infrastructure bring up specific business, legal, technical, and regulatory issues to get to grips with.
This step-by-step guide to moving your Enterprise .NET application to Amazon covers not only the concept, technical design, and strategy, but also enlightens readers about the business strategy and in-depth implementation details involved in moving an application to Amazon. You’ll discover how to map your requirements against the Amazon Cloud, as well as secure and enhance your application with AWS.
This book helps readers achieve their goal of migrating a .NET Enterprise Application to the AWS cloud. It guides you through the process one step at a time with a sample enterprise application migration. After comparing the existing application with the newly migrated version, it then moves on to explain how to make the hosted application better. It covers how to leverage some of the scalability and redundancy built into the Cloud, and along the way you’ll learn about all of the major AWS products like EC2, S3, and EBS.
What you will learn from this book :
- Quickly get up and running by setting up a new account
- Gain a deep understanding of all of the major AWS products including Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Get to grips with Elastic Block Store (EBS), Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), and Relational Data Store (RDS)
- Determine with confidence whether your existing Enterprise .NET applications will migrate successfully
- Discover how to map Enterprise application features to AWS features
- Create and configure various resource types using the AWS Web Console
- Take full advantage of a myriad of AWS features to enhance your existing .NET application
- Understand how to manage security in the Amazon Cloud
- Learn to back up and protect your data in AWS
- Migrate your own application through following a step-by-step case study of a sample application
This practical, step-by-step guide follows the process of moving a sample Enterprise .NET application to the Amazon Cloud.
Who this book is written for
Companies that have designed, developed, and hosted applications based on the Microsoft .NET technology stack should not miss out on this book. If you are looking to expand into using the vast array of services available on the Amazon Cloud but are unsure how to proceed, then this will help to get you on your way.
Administrators or developers managing such applications should have basic experience of the platform and the web servers that thay are intending to move to Amazon. No knowledge of AWS is required.
[download id=”245″ format=”1″]