WordPress All-in-One For Dummies
- Paperback: 912 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1st edition (April 19, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470877014
- ISBN-13: 978-0470877012
WordPress All-in-One For Dummies: A convenient how-to guide for maximizing your WordPress experience
WordPress is a state-of-the-art blog publishing platform with nearly ten million active installations. Eight minibooks provide you with expanded coverage of the most important topics to the WordPress community, such as WordPress basics, theme designs, plug-in development, social media integration, SEO, customization, and running multiple sites. Veteran author Lisa Sabin-Wilson leads an authoritative team of authors who offer their unique knowledge and skillset while sharing invaluable advice for maximizing your site’s potential and visitor experience.
- Presents straightforward and easy-to-understand coverage of the basics of WordPress, the most popular blog software in use today
- Delves into the topics that matter most to the WordPress community, such as theme design, plug-in development, and social media integration
- Addresses ways to handle a variety of WordPress security issues
- Examines the WordPress network
The word on the street is that WordPress All-in-One For Dummies presents everything you need to know about WordPress in one convenient book!
From the Back Cover
WordPress All-in-One For Dummies: Express yourself with WordPress, the world’s most popular blogging software (and it’s free!)
Tens of millions of bloggers rely on WordPress – no wonder you want to join them! But WordPress can be a teensy bit intimidating. That’s why this friendly all-in-one guide covers everything from installing the software to developing plugins. Fret not, fearless blogger! Everything you need to know is in one of these handy, easy-to-use minibooks.
- WordPress 101 – learn about open source and get a look at WordPress development and release cycles
- Nuts and bolts – explore PHP and MySQL®, obtain a Web server, install WordPress, and secure it
- Discover the Dashboard – configure its settings for a great user experience and manage comments, including spam
- Publishing details – discover options for posting content,schedule future posts, insert media files, and explore Custom Post Types
- Get social – fine-tune social media contacts for your blog and use WordPress’s SEO features
- Find your theme – customize your blog site with your choice of thousands of WordPress themes
- Create your own plugins – learn what they do, where to get them, and how to build your own
- Run multiple sites – manage a multisite operation as a Super Admin
Open the book and find:
- How to get a domain name and hosting account
- Advice on backing up andrestoring WordPress
- Help managing multiple authors
- Blog-writing tips
- How to use the Dashboard as a hub for analytics
- All the options for customizing your site
- What to do with template tags and theme frameworks
- Directions for developing plugins
8 books in 1
- WordPress Basics
- Setting Up the WordPress Software
- Exploring the WordPress Dashboard
- Publishing Your Site with WordPress
- Examining SEO and Social Media
- Customizing the Look of Your Site
- Using and Developing Plugins
- Running Multiple Sites with WordPress
Lisa Sabin-Wilson founded E.Webscapes Design Studio, a blog development and design company.
Cory Miller provides premium WordPress themes through iThemes.
Kevin Palmer owns SocialMediaAnswers.com.
Andrea Rennick is a freelance WordPress consultant.
Michael Torbert is a WordPress developer and programmer.
[download id=”16″ format=”1″]