VR Integrated Heritage Recreation
- Paperback: 348 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (July 26, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484260767
- ISBN-13: 978-1484260760
VR Integrated Heritage Recreation: Using Blender and Unreal Engine 4
Create assets for history-based games. This VR Integrated Heritage Recreation book covers the fundamental principles required to understand and create architectural visualizations of historical locations using digital tools. You will explore aspects of 3D design visualization and VR integration using industry-preferred software.
Some of the most popular video games in recent years have historical settings (Age of Empires, Call of Duty, etc.). Creating these games requires creating historically accurate game assets. You will use Blender to create VR-ready assets by modeling and unwrapping them. And you will use Substance Painter to texture the assets that you create.
What You Will Learn
- Create high-quality, optimized models suitable for any 3D game engine
- Master the techniques of texturing assets using Substance Painter and Quixel Megascans
- Keep assets historically accurate
- Integrate assets with the game engine
- Create visualizations with Unreal Engine 4
You will also learn how to use the Quixel Megascans library to acquire and implement physically accurate materials in the scenes. Finally, you will import the assets into Unreal Engine 4 and recreate a VR integrated heritage that can be explored in real time. Using VR technology and game engines, you can digitally recreate historical settings for games.