Unreal Engine 5 Shaders and Effects Cookbook, Second Edition
- Paperback: 402 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (May 31, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1837633088
- ISBN-13: 978-1837633081
Unreal Engine 5 Shaders and Effects Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Advance your game development skills and master the art of crafting intricate and visually stunning materials using Unreal Engine 5’s powerful Material Editor
Unreal Engine is here to stay! Since the launch of the first edition of this book, based on the Unreal Engine 5 technology, real-time rendering has only grown in popularity. The demand for expertise in this area has grown exponentially across various fields over the last few years, and Unreal Engine 5 builds upon that foundation and continues to push the boundaries of what is achievable in an interactive format.
Against this backdrop, the Unreal Engine 5 Shaders and Effects Cookbook, Second Edition book takes a leap forward and explores the new opportunities offered by the latest version of the engine, including Lumen, ray tracing, and Nanite. The book also revisits previously covered techniques and updates them to current standards, shining new light on topics such as the PBR workflow and the different lighting solutions that were present in the first edition. Throughout the chapters, you’ll be able to focus on two key principles that you need to consider when dealing with real-time graphics: optimization and efficiency.
- Leverage the capabilities of Lumen and Nanite to create breathtaking experiences
- Attain proficiency in the rendering pipeline of Unreal Engine to develop real-time graphics
- Utilize the physically based rendering pipeline to achieve photorealistic rendering across multiple scenes
- Explore the Material Editor to build complex materials and textures and achieve a high level of detail
- Optimize your materials to run seamlessly on multiple platforms
- Understand the various nodes and functions required to create impressive visual effects
By the end of this Unreal Engine 5 Shaders and Effects Cookbook, 2nd Edition book, you’ll have explored the many rendering possibilities that Unreal Engine 5 has to offer to become the master of your own creations!