TinyML: Machine Learning with TensorFlow Lite on Arduino and Ultra-Low-Power Microcontrollers
- Paperback: 520 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (January 7, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1492052043
- ISBN-13: 978-1492052043
Deep learning networks are getting smaller. Much smaller. The Google Assistant team can detect words with a model just 14 kilobytes in size – small enough to run on a microcontroller. With this TinyML: Machine Learning with TensorFlow Lite on Arduino and Ultra-Low-Power Microcontrollers practical book you’ll enter the field of TinyML, where deep learning and embedded systems combine to make astounding things possible with tiny devices.
- Build a speech recognizer, a camera that detects people, and a magic wand that responds to gestures
- Work with Arduino and ultra-low-power microcontrollers
- Learn the essentials of ML and how to train your own models
- Train models to understand audio, image, and accelerometer data
- Explore TensorFlow Lite for Microcontrollers, Google’s toolkit for TinyML
- Debug applications and provide safeguards for privacy and security
- Optimize latency, energy usage, and model and binary size
Pete Warden and Daniel Situnayake explain how you can train models small enough to fit into any environment. Ideal for software and hardware developers who want to build embedded systems using machine learning, this guide walks you through creating a series of TinyML projects, step-by-step. No machine learning or microcontroller experience is necessary.