Solving Identity Management in Modern Applications
- Paperback: 311 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (January 6, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 148425094X
- ISBN-13: 978-1484250945
Solving Identity Management in Modern Applications: Demystifying OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, and SAML 2.0
Know how to design and use identity management to protect your application and the data it manages.
At a time when security breaches result in increasingly onerous penalties, it is paramount that application developers and owners understand identity management and the value it provides when building applications. This Solving Identity Management in Modern Applications book takes you from account provisioning to authentication to authorization, and covers troubleshooting and common problems to avoid. The authors include predictions about why this will be even more important in the future. Application best practices with coding samples are provided.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand key identity management concepts
- Incorporate essential design principles
- Design authentication and access control for a modern application
- Know the identity management frameworks and protocols used today (OIDC/ OAuth 2.0, SAML 2.0)
- Review historical failures and know how to avoid them
Solving Identity and Access Management in Modern Applications gives you what you need to design identity and access management for your applications and to describe it to stakeholders with confidence. You will be able to explain account creation, session and access management, account termination, and more.