The Kaggle Workbook
- Paperback: 172 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 24, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804611212
- ISBN-13: 978-1804611210
The Kaggle Workbook: Move up the Kaggle leaderboards and supercharge your data science and machine learning career by analyzing famous competitions and working through exercises
More than 80,000 Kaggle novices currently participate in Kaggle competitions. To help them navigate the often-overwhelming world of Kaggle, two Grandmasters put their heads together to write The Kaggle Book, which made plenty of waves in the community. Now, they’ve come back with an even more practical approach based on hands-on exercises that can help you start thinking like an experienced data scientist.
In this book, you’ll get up close and personal with four extensive case studies based on past Kaggle competitions. You’ll learn how bright minds predicted which drivers would likely avoid filing insurance claims in Brazil and see how expert Kagglers used gradient-boosting methods to model Walmart unit sales time-series data. Get into computer vision by discovering different solutions for identifying the type of disease present on cassava leaves. And see how the Kaggle community created predictive algorithms to solve the natural language processing problem of subjective question-answering.
- Take your modeling to the next level by analyzing different case studies
- Boost your data science skillset with a curated selection of exercises
- Combine different methods to create better solutions
- Get a deeper insight into NLP and how it can help you solve unlikely challenges
- Sharpen your knowledge of time-series forecasting
- Challenge yourself to become a better data scientist
You can use The Kaggle Workbook as a supplement alongside The Kaggle Book or on its own alongside resources available on the Kaggle website and other online communities. Whatever path you choose, this workbook will help make you a formidable Kaggle competitor.