Systems Engineering Demystified, Second Edition
- Paperback: 532 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (July 27, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804610682
- ISBN-13: 978-1804610688
Systems Engineering Demystified, 2nd Edition: Learn to identify problems when developing complex systems and design effective solutions using a model based system engineering approach
Systems engineering helps in developing and describing complex systems. Written by an internationally-recognized systems engineering expert, this updated Systems Engineering Demystified, Second Edition provides insight into elements to consider when designing a complex system that is robust and successful.
The latest edition covers the new approaches of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and its deployment techniques using the Trinity approach. You will learn about the system engineering life cycle and processes to implement. Effective systems can be built only when the system is designed with close attention to detail, meaning each aspect of the system is recognized and understood before the system is built. The book explains in great detail, different system models and visualization techniques, with a focus on SysML, to help you visualize a system in the design phase. You will also learn various verification and validation techniques to ensure your system design is ready to be implemented. The book ends with key management processes, systems engineering best practices, and guidelines, with a new section on effective approaches based on the author’s impressive 30 years of experience in the field.
- Study the three evils of systems engineering: complexity, ambiguous communication, lack of understanding
- Learn how to deploy MBSE using the Trinity approach
- Receive invaluable information about the philosophy of modeling from a seasoned professional
- Understand the MBSE life cycle and how design, verification, and validation fit into it
- Explore processes and concepts such as activities, stakeholders, and resources
- Discover how needs fit into the life cycle and how to comply with relevant processes
- Gain a deeper understanding of how to model effectively and efficiently
By the end of this Systems Engineering Demystified, 2nd Edition book, you’ll be able to apply modern model-based systems engineering techniques to your own systems and projects.