SwiftUI by Tutorials: Declarative App Development on the Apple Ecosystem, 4th Edition
- Paperback: 726 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 4th edition (November 9, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1950325547
- ISBN-13: 978-1950325542
Build fluid and engaging declarative UI for your apps with way less coding with SwiftUI! SwiftUI by Tutorials, 4th Edition, the complete guide to building fluid and engaging declarative UI for your apps – using less code – with SwiftUI, is now fully updated!
Every developer wants to build the most fluid and engaging declarative UI for their apps with as little code as possible. SwiftUI will help you do just that. Learn all the main concepts through an easy-to-follow tutorials where you’ll build apps that teach you to create modern, responsive UI and animations that look great on iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, tvOS, and even macOS.
SwiftUI by Tutorials, Fourth Edition is designed to help you learn how to transition from the “old way” of building your app UI with UIKit, to the “new way” of building responsive UI with modern declarative syntax with SwiftUI. This SwiftUI by Tutorials, 4th Edition book is for readers who are comfortable building Swift apps, and want to make the exciting leap into building their app UI with modern, declarative code.
SwiftUI lets you build better apps, faster, and with less code. It’s a developer’s dream come true! With SwiftUI, you can design your user interfaces in a declarative way; instead of developing app interfaces in an imperative way, by coding all of the application state logic before time, you can instead define what your app’s UI should do in a particular state and let the underlying OS figure out how to do it. What’s more is that SwiftUI lets you build modern, responsive UI and animations for all Apple devices – not just iOS. So whether you’re building apps for iOS, watchOS, tvOS or any other Apple platform, you can use the same concise, natural language to describe your UI and have it look stunning – no matter where your code runs. In addition, SwiftUI’s built-in automatic support for things such as dark mode, localization and accessibility, along with Xcode 11 support for drag-and-drop design and instant preview makes it easier to build apps than ever before.
Our other book on getting started with SwiftUI, SwiftUI Apprentice, is designed to teach new developers how to build iOS apps, using a SwiftUI-first approach. The goal of that book is to teach you fundamental development practices as you build out some fully-functional and great-looking apps! This book, SwiftUI by Tutorials, 4th Edition, is designed for developers who have a solid background in iOS development, and are looking to make the leap from building apps with UIKit, to building apps with SwiftUI.
Topics Covered in SwiftUI by Tutorials: Declarative App Development on the Apple Ecosystem, 4th Edition
- SwiftUI Overview: Learn SwiftUI features, as well as the differences between Apple’s platforms with SwiftUI. Customize your apps for AppKit, UIKit, WatchKit, tvOS, iPadOS and even Catalyst.
- Testability: See how to apply UI Testing to your SwiftUI apps in this very simple, yet powerful course.
- Controls & User Input: Learn about controls such as TextField, Button, Toggle, Slider, Stepper, pickers and many more.
- State & Data Flow: Learn how to bind data to the UI, about reactive updates to the UI through state management, and in-depth usage of the attributes related to SwiftUI.
- Accessibility: Learn how to navigate your app with VoiceOver on an iOS device and use the SwiftUI Accessibility API attributes to improve your app’s accessible UI.
- Drawing Custom Graphics & Animations: Create drawings, graphics, animations and even view transitions in SwiftUI.
- macOS: Learn how to create a document-based Mac app and later start with an existing iOS app and learn how to re-use code, views and assets for creating a macOS app.
One thing you can count on: after you finish reading this SwiftUI by Tutorials, Fourth Edition book, you’ll be able to take advantage of the latest and greatest features of SwiftUI to bring modern declarative UX to your apps.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order MISS ROSE Concealer Liquid Foundation Professional Makeup Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]