SwiftUI Apprentice: Beginning iOS Programming with SwiftUI
- Paperback: 725 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 26, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1950325164
- ISBN-13: 978-1950325160
SwiftUI Apprentice: Beginning iOS Programming with SwiftUI: Learn iOS Development Using SwiftUI: Up to date for iOS 14, Swift 5.4 & Xcode 12.5
SwiftUI Apprentice is a series of epic-length tutorials where you’ll learn to build three complete apps from scratch, using Apple’s new user interface technology: SwiftUI! Each app is more advanced than the one before, and together, they cover everything to make your own apps using SwiftUI. By the end of the book, you’ll be experienced enough to turn your ideas into real apps you can sell on the App Store. These tutorials have easy to follow step-by-step instructions and consist of more than pages and illustrations! You also get full source code, image files, and other resources you can re-use for your own projects.
If you’re new to iOS and Swift, or to programming in general, learning how to write an app can seem incredibly overwhelming. That’s why you need a guide that:
- Using Xcode: Learn how to use Xcode – Apple’s integrated development environment – to code, build and debug your iOS apps.
- Planning and Prototyping: Learn how to plan and prototype apps using SwiftUI. Once you’re happy with the prototype, you’ll fill out the implementation into a full-featured app with a beautiful, professionally-designed user interface.
- Managing Assets: Discover how to manage app assets, such as colors and images, so your app looks good on all iOS devices from the smallest iPod Touch to the largest iPad.
- SwiftUI Data Flow: See how to manage data within a SwiftUI app so the user interface updates automatically as that data changes.
- Data Persistence: Explore multiple strategies for persisting an app’s data. Understand the pros and cons of several approaches so you can decide the best solution for your own apps.
- Networking: Learn to access REST APIs so your app can use internet resources to enhance your app’s user experience.
You’ll start at the very beginning. The first section assumes you have little to no knowledge of programming in Swift for iOS but still shows you how to build an entire fitness app from scratch using SwiftUI. SwiftUI Apprentice doesn’t cover every single feature of iOS; it focuses on the absolutely essential ones. Instead of just covering a list of features, SwiftUI Apprentice does something much more important: It explains how all the building blocks fit together and what is involved in building real apps. You’re not going to create quick example programs that demonstrate how to accomplish a single feature. Instead, you’ll develop complete, fully-formed apps, with beautiful, professionally-designed user interfaces, that are good enough to submit to the App Store!
Our other book on building apps with SwiftUI, SwiftUI by Tutorials, is designed for developers who have a solid background in iOS development, and are looking to make the leap from building apps with UIKit, to building apps with SwiftUI.
This book, SwiftUI Apprentice, is designed to teach new developers how to build iOS apps, using a SwiftUI-first approach. Its goal is to teach you fundamental development practices as you build out some fully-functional and great-looking apps!
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Rotating Brush Head Waterproof Mascara Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]