Splunk 9.x Enterprise Certified Admin Guide
- Paperback: 254 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 10, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803230231
- ISBN-13: 978-1803230238
Splunk 9.x Enterprise Certified Admin Guide: Gain the necessary knowledge right from system and data administration to installation, data input, parsing, field extraction, and more, to expand your knowledge of Splunk and ace the admin exam with this must-have reference guide
The book begins with an overview of Splunk Enterprise, including how to get started with the software. It covers installation and license management, as well as user management and forwarder management. Additionally, it delves into indexes management, which includes the creation and management of indexes used to store data in Splunk. The book also covers config files, which are used to configure various settings and components in Splunk.
As you advance, the Splunk 9 Enterprise Certified Administration Guide book focuses on data administration, starting with the process of getting data into Splunk. This includes Splunk data inputs, which are used to collect data from various sources, such as log files, Network protocols (TCP/UDP), API’s and agentless inputs (HEC). It also covers data parsing and transform.
The Splunk 9 Enterprise Certified Administration Guide book also covers search-time and index-time field extraction, which are two methods used to extract fields from data in Splunk. These fields can be used to create reports and visualizations, and they help to make the data in Splunk more searchable and accessible. The self-assessment questions and answers at the end of each chapter are helpful in allowing you to check your understanding.
- Explore Splunk Enterprise 9.0 functionalities and capabilities
- Get data into Splunk using various data inputs
- Parse and transform data for efficient indexing and searching
- Gain knowledge of system administration tasks in Splunk
- Enrich data in Splunk using lookups
- Understand search-time and index-time field extraction techniques
- Create reports and visualizations in Splunk
- Apply knowledge from the book to become a certified Splunk Admin
By the end of the Splunk 9.x Enterprise Certified Admin Guide book you will be well versed in all the topics required to pass the Splunk Enterprise Administrator exam and use Splunk services effectively.