Rust Programming Cookbook
- Paperback: 444 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 18, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789530660
- ISBN-13: 978-1789530667
Rust Programming Cookbook: Practical solutions to overcome challenges in creating console and web applications and working with systems-level and embedded code, network programming, deep neural networks, and much more
Rust 2018, Rust’s first major milestone since version 1.0, brings more advancement in the Rust language. The Rust Programming Cookbook is a practical guide to help you overcome challenges when writing Rust code.
This Rust book covers recipes for configuring Rust for different environments and architectural designs, and provides solutions to practical problems. It will also take you through Rust’s core concepts, enabling you to create efficient, high-performance applications that use features such as zero-cost abstractions and improved memory management. As you progress, you’ll delve into more advanced topics, including channels and actors, for building scalable, production-grade applications, and even get to grips with error handling, macros, and modularization to write maintainable code. You will then learn how to overcome common roadblocks when using Rust for systems programming, IoT, web development, and network programming. Finally, you’ll discover what Rust 2018 has to offer for embedded programmers.
- Understand how Rust provides unique solutions to solve system programming language problems
- Grasp the core concepts of Rust to develop fast and safe applications
- Explore the possibility of integrating Rust units into existing applications for improved efficiency
- Discover how to achieve better parallelism and security with Rust
- Write Python extensions in Rust
- Compile external assembly files and use the Foreign Function Interface (FFI)
- Build web applications and services using Rust for high performance
By the end of the book, you’ll have learned how to build fast and safe applications and services using Rust.