Data Science Projects with Python
- Paperback: 374 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 30, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838551026
- ISBN-13: 978-1838551025
Data Science Projects with Python: Gain hands-on experience with industry-standard data analysis and machine learning tools in Python
Data Science Projects with Python is designed to give you practical guidance on industry-standard data analysis and machine learning tools in Python, with the help of realistic data. The book will help you understand how you can use pandas and Matplotlib to critically examine a dataset with summary statistics and graphs, and extract the insights you seek to derive.
You will continue to build on your knowledge as you learn how to prepare data and feed it to machine learning algorithms, such as regularized logistic regression and random forest, using the scikit-learn package. You’ll discover how to tune the algorithms to provide the best predictions on new and, unseen data. As you delve into later chapters, you’ll be able to understand the working and output of these algorithms and gain insight into not only the predictive capabilities of the models but also their reasons for making these predictions.
- Install the required packages to set up a data science coding environment
- Load data into a Jupyter Notebook running Python
- Use Matplotlib to create data visualizations
- Fit a model using scikit-learn
- Use lasso and ridge regression to reduce overfitting
- Fit and tune a random forest model and compare performance with logistic regression
- Create visuals using the output of the Jupyter Notebook
By the end of this book, you will have the skills you need to confidently use various machine learning algorithms to perform detailed data analysis and extract meaningful insights from unstructured data.