Rust Atomics and Locks
- Paperback: 220 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 24, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1098119444
- ISBN-13: 978-1098119447
Rust Atomics and Locks: Low-Level Concurrency in Practice
The Rust programming language is extremely well suited for concurrency, and its ecosystem has many libraries that include lots of concurrent data structures, locks, and more. But implementing those structures correctly can be very difficult. Even in the most well-used libraries, memory ordering bugs are not uncommon.
With this guide, you’ll learn:
- How Rust’s type system works exceptionally well for programming concurrency correctly
- All about mutexes, condition variables, atomics, and memory ordering
- What happens in practice with atomic operations on Intel and ARM processors
- How locks are implemented with support from the operating system
- How to write correct code that includes concurrency, atomics, and locks
- How to build your own locking and synchronization primitives correctly
In this Rust Atomics and Locks practical book, Mara Bos, leader of the Rust library team, helps Rust programmers of all levels gain a clear understanding of low-level concurrency. You’ll learn everything about atomics and memory ordering and how they’re combined with basic operating system APIs to build common primitives like mutexes and condition variables. Once you’re done, you’ll have a firm grasp of how Rust’s memory model, the processor, and the role of the operating system all fit together.
Exclusive Offer! Order Glass Oil Film Removing Paste, Car Windshield Oil Film Cleaner, Glass Stripper Water Spot Remover, Automotive Glass Oil Film Remover Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon.