Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code, 2nd Edition
- Hardcover: 448 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (November 30, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0134757599
- ISBN-13: 978-0134757599
Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code, 2nd Edition: Fully Revised and Updated-Includes New Refactorings and Code Examples
For more than twenty years, experienced programmers worldwide have relied on Martin Fowler’s Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code to improve the design of existing code and to enhance software maintainability, as well as to make existing code easier to understand.
- Understand the process and general principles of refactoring
- Quickly apply useful refactorings to make a program easier to comprehend and change
- Recognize “bad smells” in code that signal opportunities to refactor
- Explore the refactorings, each with explanations, motivation, mechanics, and simple examples
- Build solid tests for your refactorings
- Recognize tradeoffs and obstacles to refactoring
Like the original, this edition explains what refactoring is; why you should refactor; how to recognize code that needs refactoring; and how to actually do it successfully, no matter what language you use.