Qt5 C++ GUI Programming Cookbook – Second Edition
- Paperback: 428 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 27, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789803829
- ISBN-13: 978-1789803822
Qt5 C++ GUI Programming Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Use Qt 5 to design and build functional, appealing, and user-friendly graphical user interfaces (GUIs) for your applications
With the growing need to develop GUIs for multiple targets and multiple screens, improving the visual quality of your application becomes important so that it stands out from your competitors. With its cross-platform ability and the latest UI paradigms, Qt makes it possible to build intuitive, interactive, and user-friendly user interfaces for your applications.
Qt5 C++ GUI Programming Cookbook, Second Edition teaches you how to develop functional and appealing user interfaces using the latest version of QT5 and C++. This book will help you learn a variety of topics such as GUI customization and animation, graphics rendering, implementing Google Maps, and more. You will also be taken through advanced concepts like asynchronous programming, event handling using signals and slots, network programming, various aspects of optimizing your application.
- Animate GUI elements using Qt5’s built-in animation system
- Draw shapes and 2D images using Qt5’s powerful rendering system
- Implement an industry-standard OpenGL library in your project
- Build a mobile app that supports touch events and exports it onto devices
- Parse and extract data from an XML file and present it on your GUI
- Access MySQL and SQLite databases to retrieve data and display it on your GUI
By the end of the book, you will be confident to design and customize GUI applications that meet your clients’ expectations and have an understanding of best practice solutions for common problems.