Programmer’s Guide to Apache Thrift
- Paperback: 592 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (April 14, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1617296163
- ISBN-13: 978-1617296161
Programmer’s Guide to Apache Thrift provides comprehensive coverage of the Apache Thrift framework along with a developer’s-eye view of modern distributed application architecture.
- Complete coverage of Thrift’s IDL
- Building and serializing complex user-defined types
- Plug-in protocols, transports, and data compression
- Creating cross-language services with RPC and messaging systems
Programmer’s Guide to Apache Thrift provides comprehensive coverage of distributed application communication using the Thrift framework. Packed with code examples and useful insight, this book presents best practices for multi-language distributed development. You’ll take a guided tour through transports, protocols, IDL, and servers as you explore programs in C++, Java, and Python. You’ll also learn how to work with platforms ranging from browser-based clients to enterprise servers.