Professional Azure SQL Managed Database Administration – Third Edition
- Paperback: 724 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (March 8, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801076529
- ISBN-13: 978-1801076524
Professional Azure SQL Managed Database Administration, 3rd Edition: Master data management by effectively utilizing the features of Azure SQL database
Despite being the cloud version of SQL Server, Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Managed Instance stands out in various aspects when it comes to management, maintenance, and administration. Updated with the latest Azure features, Professional Azure SQL Managed Database Administration, Third Edition continues to be a comprehensive guide for becoming proficient in data management.
The book begins by introducing you to the Azure SQL managed databases (Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Managed Instance), explaining their architecture, and how they differ from an on-premises SQL server. You will then learn how to perform common tasks, such as migrating, backing up, and restoring a SQL Server database to an Azure database.
As you progress, you will study how you can save costs and manage and scale multiple SQL databases using elastic pools. You will also implement a disaster recovery solution using standard and active geo-replication. Finally, you will explore the monitoring and tuning of databases, the key features of databases, and the phenomenon of app modernization.
- Understanding Azure SQL database configuration and pricing options
- Provisioning a new SQL database or migrating an existing on-premises SQL Server database to an Azure SQL database
- Backing up and restoring an Azure SQL database
- Securing and scaling an Azure SQL database
- Monitoring and tuning an Azure SQL database
- Implementing high availability and disaster recovery with an Azure SQL database
- Managing, maintaining, and securing managed instances
By the end of this Professional Azure SQL Managed Database Administration, 3rd Edition book, you will have mastered the key aspects of an Azure SQL database and Azure SQL managed instance, including migration, backup restorations, performance optimization, high availability, and disaster recovery.