Procedural 3D Modeling Using Geometry Nodes in Blender
- Paperback: 282 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 17, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804612553
- ISBN-13: 978-1804612552
Procedural 3D Modeling Using Geometry Nodes in Blender: An easy-to-follow, illustrated guide to learning the geometry nodes editor and various other facets of geometry nodes through simple exercises that progress to more challenging projects
For anyone working in the computer graphics industry, understanding how to use Blender’s new geometry nodes tools to manipulate and generate 3D geometry in a node-based workflow is an essential skill. In this book, you’ll learn how to use the basic and intermediate features of geometry nodes that are a crucial part of your Blender roadmap.
You’ll start by understanding the different node inputs and outputs followed by the basic nodes you’ll need throughout your geometry nodes projects. The book will show you how the node system works and enable you to put your newfound knowledge to use through exercises that involve modifying curves, meshes, and more. You’ll work on a range of interesting projects such as creating a procedural plant, where you’ll use nodes to generate the intricate details and variations of a plant in a procedural manner, and a spiderweb generator to refine your skills of cleaning up a node tree. Finally, you’ll build a procedural LED panel using geometry nodes to generate the look of an LED panel.
- Discover the different node inputs and outputs that geometry nodes have to offer
- Get the hang of the flow of the geometry node system
- Understand the common nodes you’ll be using along with their functions in the geometry node editor
- Modify basic mesh primitives using the node system inside Blender
- Scatter and modify objects aligned onto a curve
- Become familiar with the more advanced nodes in the geometry nodes system
- Link geometry and material nodes editors using named attributes
- Implement your new-found knowledge of nodes in real-world projects
By the end of this Procedural 3D Modeling Using Geometry Nodes in Blender book, you’ll be able to overcome any geometry node issue confidently and make complicated geometry node trees exactly how you need them.