Pro Perl Programming: From Professional to Advanced
- Paperback: 348 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (February 29, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484256042
- ISBN-13: 978-1484256046
Pro Perl Programming: From Professional to Advanced: Covers Perl 5.x
Master intermediate to advanced techniques of the Perl programming language starting with a focus on regular expressions and some of their advanced features. This book then covers other pro-level features, including formatted output, file handling, and more.
Additionally, you’ll learn and explore the most useful built-in variables, pragmas, and modules available in the Perl language. Furthermore, you’ll work with geometry managers and get a thorough treatment of graphical user interface development using Perl/TK and widgets. Lastly, you’ll cover debugging techniques.
What You Will Learn
- Program regular expressions including atoms, smartmatch operators, and more
- Use advanced features such as HiRes Time, slurp() functions, Critic, Tidy and many more functions
- Handle advanced formatted output such as printf and sprintf
- Explore useful built-in variables, including status variables, separator variables, and the signal handle variable
- Explore and use Perl’s built-in modules, including the Pragma modules
- Work with Perl/TK and its widgets-like geometry managers, frames, labels, buttons, check buttons, radio buttons, scrollbars, scales, entries, and menus
Pro Perl Programming: From Professional to Advanced is a professional-level reference guide on Perl and includes important aspects of it that you need as a professional programmer.