Pro JPA 2 in Java EE 8
- Paperback: 784 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (February 2, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484234197
- ISBN-13: 978-1484234198
Pro JPA 2 in Java EE 8: An In-Depth Guide to Java Persistence APIs, 3rd Edition
Learn to use the Java Persistence API (JPA) and other related APIs as found in the Java EE 8 platform from the perspective of one of the specification creators. A one-of-a-kind resource, this in-depth book provides both theoretical and practical coverage of JPA usage for experienced Java developers.
Authors Mike Keith, Merrick Schincariol and Massimo Nardone take a hands-on approach, based on their wealth of experience and expertise, by giving examples to illustrate each concept of the API and showing how it is used in practice. The examples use a common model from an overarching sample application, giving you a context from which to start and helping you to understand the examples within an already familiar domain.
What You Will Learn
- Use the JPA in the context of enterprise applications
- Work with object relational mappings (ORMs), collection mappings and more
- Build complex enterprise Java applications that persist data long after the process terminates
- Connect to and persist data with a variety of databases, file formats, and more
- Use queries, including the Java Persistence Query Language (JPQL)
- Carry out advanced ORM, queries and XML mappings
- Package, deploy and test your Java persistence-enabled enterprise applications
After completing Pro JPA 2 in Java EE 8, you will have a full understanding of JPA and be able to successfully code applications using its annotations and APIs. The book also serves as an excellent reference guide.